What is a Daddy Do-Over?
A Daddy Makeover also known as Daddy Do-Over are the mommy makeovers for male patient. This refers to a combination of cosmetic surgeries and/or non-surgical procedures that are personalized to achieve multiple aesthetic goals at once. This body contouring treatment plan is typically popular among individuals whom cannot reverse with dieting and exercise alone. During your initial consultation, our board certified plastic surgeon will create a unique treatment plant for you. Most known surgeries that take place during a Daddy Do-Over are combination of procedures such as:
- Male Breast Reduction or Gynecomastia Surgery: Are you tired of living with male boobs regardless of how healthy you eat and exercise? If your answer is yes, this is the procedure for you! Man boobs can be caused by a variety of different reason including hormonal changes. Gynecomastia is a surgical procedure which reduces the size of the breast tissue in male breast. Gynecomastia surgery can be done either with liposuction along, with a small or large excision depending on the evaluation during your consultation.
- Liposuction: Common areas for men to develop fatty pockets are on their abdomen, chest, neck, thighs, and love handles. Often times diet and exercise alone does not help gain the aesthetic look you are wanting . Liposuction removes fatty tissue with a small incision and cannula to help and give you a more chiseled, athletic, and masculine appearance. Several options for liposuction can be done including Liposuction 360 and HD Liposuction to achieve a more defined look.
- Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty: If you have had a massive weight loss, have excess skin or would like a enhanced your abs or six-pack appearance, then a Tummy Tuck is the right choice for you. It can reverse the beer belly by removing excess skin and tightening the abdominal wall. The abdominoplasty is frequently combined with Liposuction to enhance your outcome.
- Non-invasive: Facial rejuvenation treatments can assist with signs of aging, such as Botox®, Kybella® and dermal fillers. Injectables are a great way to get rid of early signs of aging. These procedures are designed for dads who want to refresh their appearance. These in office procedures require no downtime or anesthesia and you get the treatment done right at the surgeon’s office.
Am I a Candidate for a Dad Bod Do-Over?
In general, good candidates for a Dad Bod makeover contouring procedures are:
- Looking to pursue more than one cosmetic procedure
- In good health, with no uncontrolled medical conditions
- Fatty pockets and loose skin which have not responded to diet and exercise
- The appearance of stretch marks, particularly in the midsection
- Looking for improvement on overall contour physique
- Excess fatty tissue in the male breasts, resulting in self-consciousness or a lack of confidence
- Reduction of aging-related symptoms in the face, such as fine lines, wrinkles, facial hollows and sagging and drooping skin
Dr. Payne will ask you about your concerns, goals, and medical history during your consultation. He will explain the different aspects of a Daddy Do-over, including its benefits, risks, and limitations, and answer any questions you may have about the procedure or his credentials. Dr. Payne will work with you to develop a unique treatment plan designed to achieve your desired outcome.
Can a Daddy Do-Over be Combined with Other Male Plastic Surgeries?
Daddy Do-Over procedure can be combined with other male plastic surgery procedures, such as eyelid surgery, facelift, rhinoplasty, necklift, brow lift other facial plastic surgeries, to enhance the patient’s facial features. During your consultation we can address any concerns you may have. Typically the jawline and neck are also of concern which can be treated with either liposuction or a necklift. These additional procedures can enhance your goals to regain the body you had when you were younger.
Are the Results of a Dad Bod Makeover Permanent?
As long as you are maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, this will enhance and maintain your results. We target the trouble areas you may be having that just don’t resolve with diet and exercise. After fat and excess skin is removed from trouble areas, it becomes a permanent improvement when you maintain your weight.
Does a Daddy Makeover Leave Scars?
Liposuction and other lift procedures generally last much longer than nonsurgical treatments. Depending on which procedure you choose, our board-certified plastic surgeons may:
- Make multiple incisions
- Done under local or general anesthesia
- Remove fat cells, but only if you’re doing liposuction
- Tighten skin and muscles, especially in the stomach area
- Sew up incisions
- Bandage the incisions
How Much Does a Daddy Do-Over Cost?
Daddy Makeover costs can vary depending on the details of your treatment plan. With a surgical plan that involves such a personalized series of procedures, an accurate cost estimate cannot be made until your needs and goals are assessed in a consultation. Dr. Payne and our patient care coordinator would be happy to give you a personalized quote when you visit our practice. While a Daddy Do-Over doesn’t typically qualify for insurance coverage, financing options provided by CareCredit® can be a useful way for qualified patients to pursue their procedure right away while making costs more manageable.
Dr. Eric Payne can guide you through the process of deciding the best options for your Dad-bod Makeover. Dr. Payne is accredited by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have, so please contact our Houston-area practice to speak to a member of our office or to schedule a consultation.
Be sure to check out our social media pages on Instagram and Facebook for specials!
Schedule a Consultation
Contact Texas Liposuction Specialty Clinic in Houston today to schedule a consultation for your Liposuction with Dr. Payne.